HOW TO BECOME A NEW LIFE MEMBER?
How to become a New Life Member?
- Pastor will invite those who desire to become members of New Life to come to the front of the sanctuary.
- A minister will greet you and guide you prayerfully.
- As a new member you will publicly agree to: represent yourself and the ministry of New Life with excellence everywhere that you go. Lend your gift and talents to serve in the ministry. Give 10% of your income to help further the work of the ministry.
- Expects lots of hugs, smiles, and handshakes as a warm welcome from your New Life church family!
- Immediately following service: you will receive a tour of the church campus, have your photo taken, share why you have joined, complete paperwork, and receive information about how to become involved.
1. What does it mean to be a member of a church?
Membership at NL means that you've accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior and are ready to become a student or disciple of Jesus Christ. As a member of New Life you now have a place to enjoy the word of God weekly. You have a place to serve, and build Godly relationships. Our Pastor is committed to praying for every member of NL, providing counseling to NL members, performing sacred duties: Marriage, Burials, and Baby Dedications as a service to New Life members. At New Life you are part of an accountable and loving family whose only agenda is to love God and His people and see each person Pursue A More Excellent Way!
2. Why is it important to be a member of a church?
The Church is the institution that Jesus came to earth to establish Matthew 16:18; thus the Church is called The Body of Christ Ephesians 4:11-16. The church/body is to support one another Galatians 6:1-3; God warns us to never forsake coming together as the Church/body Hebrews 10:24-25
3. What is the new members orientation?
Quarterly, New Life hosts an orientation to connect new members with ministry leaders. We interact through dialogue about NL's Core Beliefs, and discuss opportunities for involvement. Finally, we spend time in fellowship over a catered lunch. New members orientation lasts about 2hrs. Please let us know if you will need childcare.
4. Is there a version of the Bible that is easier to follow & understand?
Yes, the KJV/AMP side-by-side Bible. The amplified will help to clarify the terms that are hard to understand from the KJV
5. How do you let go of old grudges & hurt feelings often referred to as "church hurt?"
You overcome hurt feelings and grudges by allowing Jesus to Heal you everywhere you're hurting, John 10:10; Forgiveness is something that Jesus gives us the ability to walk in as we come to understand that He has forgiven us of so much and He is our example in walking in Forgiveness. Matthew. 6:14- 15, Matthew 18:23-25. Also consider Jesus' prayer while on the cross for a crime He didn't commit Luke 23:33-34. Finally, consider the challenge given to the Church/Body in Ephesians 4:26-32